In this devlog, I continued working on the launcher before testing it with a friend, and then I made the decision to move the server into Unity.
In this devlog I started building a launcher from scratch to automatically update the game's files which I'll be using to distribute alpha & beta versions.
Over the course of this devlog, I managed to fix my screenshot code, and I set up a basic master server to redirect incoming connections to an available game server, which is pretty awesome.
Over the last two weeks, I fixed a couple issues and then I started working on a custom procedural skybox shader, which is something I've wanted to do for quite a while now.
In this devlog I upgraded the project to Unity 2019.3, switched to the Universal Render Pipeline, and finally played around with various post processing effects.
In this devlog, I decided to implement proper interpolation. This is a topic I've explored before, but it was time to revisit my old solution, since it didn't work super well.
With it still being the holidays, I didn't make too much progress during the first week of this devlog. However, in the second half I started working on dropping the anchor and raising it again, which came with a few problems.
The main thing I did in this devlog was add holes in ships to the physical world. Although it contains less progress than usual, I decided to upload the video anyways, and I wanted to thank everyone who has supported me these last few months—Happy New Year!
In this new and improved C# networking tutorial series, you'll learn how to connect a Unity client to a dedicated server and allow them to communicate using TCP and UDP.