In this devlog I modeled a grappling hook in Blender, I worked on some UI improvements, and I fixed a few bugs that have been around for way too long.
In this devlog I added grappling hooks and I finally decided to make ship damage visible. The grappling hook is so much fun, and I can't wait to see how it'll be used in combat situations once I get a beta version out!
In this devlog I made a low poly player model which needs to be burned at the stake because of how horrid it looks, and I removed my client prediction & reconciliation systems from the project.
In this devlog I added rocks and swimming mechanics, and I attempted to fix client prediction & reconciliation when on board ships.
In this devlog I modeled a low poly palm tree (during my first livestream!), and then I implemented procedural tree generation. I also made the ocean infinitely large.
In this devlog I added underwater effects to my Unity game, so you can now see underwater "properly". I would have liked to get more done, but I was extremely surprised by how long that took.
In this devlog, I fixed up client reconciliation which was still broken from the last video. I also modeled a new Flintlock pistol with Blender to use as the first ranged weapon and I implemented the basics of ranged combat.
In this devlog, I rebuilt the server's rollback system because I had previously overcomplicated it, and I began implementing client prediction. I also overhauled the ship's buoyancy algorithm.
In this devlog, I revamped my terrain generation system to produce way nicer-looking procedural islands, and I'm super happy with the upgrade!