In this devlog I finally fixed the issue with the capstan where players couldn’t collide with it. I also tried to make my screenshot system work with the postprocessing effects I added in the last devlog, without much luck.
To get my mind off that, I decided to write a new custom procedural skybox shader, and I’m pretty happy with the result. It definitely looks much better than it did before, and the moon is now actually visible. Unfortunately I didn’t get around to adding stars, but I’ll take care of that next week.
As always, if you’re interested in more videos like this, leave a like (it really helps out with the YouTube algorithm), and consider subscribing. Also, come check out the Discord server where you can share your progress, ask for help, and hang out with other game developers.