In this devlog, I gave the launcher the ability to update itself, and then I tested the whole thing out with a friend, which went pretty well. However, we did find some bugs in the game itself, some of which I’ve already managed to fix.
Additionally, I made the decision to move the server code into Unity. This is something I had been considering for a while, but I’ve finally started the conversion process. Over the next few days I’ll essentially be rebuilding all the game mechanics I’ve added so far to make sure that they work with Unity. This switch should make it a lot easier for me to implement client prediction and then focus on adding content, which I’m super excited about!
As always, if you’re interested in more videos like this, leave a like (it really helps out with the YouTube algorithm), and consider subscribing. Also, come check out the Discord server where you can share your progress, ask for help, and hang out with other game developers.