In this devlog, I revamped the procedural islands system. I’ve been thinking about ways of making my terrain generation produce nicer islands for quite a while, and I finally decided to implement a much better version. The new system produces way nicer-looking results, and I’m super happy with the upgrade!
I also built out a new Rigidbody-based player controller and I did tons of cleanup work, so the server transfer from console app to Unity project is pretty much complete now.
As always, if you’re interested in more videos like this, leave a like (it really helps out with the YouTube algorithm), and consider subscribing. Also, come check out the Discord server where you can share your progress, ask for help, and hang out with other game developers.