Over the course of this devlog, I managed to fix my screenshot code, and I set up a basic master server to redirect incoming connections to an available game server, which is pretty awesome.
Over the last two weeks, I fixed a couple issues and then I started working on a custom procedural skybox shader, which is something I've wanted to do for quite a while now.
In this devlog I upgraded the project to Unity 2019.3, switched to the Universal Render Pipeline, and finally played around with various post processing effects.
In this devlog, I decided to implement proper interpolation. This is a topic I've explored before, but it was time to revisit my old solution, since it didn't work super well.
With it still being the holidays, I didn't make too much progress during the first week of this devlog. However, in the second half I started working on dropping the anchor and raising it again, which came with a few problems.
The main thing I did in this devlog was add holes in ships to the physical world. Although it contains less progress than usual, I decided to upload the video anyways, and I wanted to thank everyone who has supported me these last few months—Happy New Year!
During the last two weeks, I took a bit of a break from development, and then I implemented adjustable sails and made ship speed dynamic. In this devlog, I also share some of my thoughts on procrastination and staying motivated.
During the last two weeks, I reworked the wave simulation code, and I implemented a day night cycle, which made the world feel much more alive!
I've been talking about sinking ships throughout several of the previous devlogs, but the time has finally come. Over the last two weeks I worked out most of the problems…