In this multiplayer devlog we finally revamp the multiplayer PvP experience and upgrade it to what is pretty much an entirely new system. The ranged and melee combat mechanics were pretty bare-bones previously, so it was about time to add some more depth and complexity.
In this devlog I finally replaced the ship model in my multiplayer pirate game.
In this devlog I focused on getting the project to the point where I could test it with others. After quite a bit of bug fixing and cleaning up things that didn't work, I finally played my pirate game with some of my friends!
In this devlog I converted the pirate game's netcode to the new and improved multiplayer solution that I've been working on for the past few months.
In this devlog I added an inventory to my multiplayer game. After doing some major code refactoring and fixing a few issues that had been plaguing the project for a while, I finally added the second portion of the inventory system, which is a more traditional item slots-based system.
In this indie game devlog I made pickupable objects drop from trees and rocks to represent resources in their raw form. I also modeled an axe and a pickaxe and tied off a few other loose ends.
In this indie game devlog I added blocking and resource harvesting, and I finally did some proper planning for the gameplay loop
In this indie game devlog I implemented the basics of sword fighting and melee combat, and I modeled a Xiphos. I'm extraordinarily satisfied with how the sword model turned out, and I think it's easily my favorite model of all the ones I've made so far.
In this devlog I modeled a grappling hook in Blender, I worked on some UI improvements, and I fixed a few bugs that have been around for way too long.