In this devlog we finally replaced the ship model in my multiplayer pirate game. The old one was a little small and looked very similar to the sloop in Sea of Thieves, so I wanted to give it an upgrade and hopefully start differentiating this game a bit.
I also finally fixed the boat’s buoyancy system, so it’s no longer as bouncy, and while I was at it, I gave the wave simulation an overhaul to make the water look less repetitive and more natural.
As always, if you’re interested in more videos like this, leave a like (it really helps out with the YouTube algorithm), and consider subscribing. Also, come check out the Discord server where you can share your progress, ask for help, and hang out with other game developers.