The main thing I did in this devlog was add holes in ships to the physical world. Although it contains less progress than usual, I decided to upload the video anyways, and I wanted to thank everyone who has supported me these last few months—Happy New Year!
In this new and improved C# networking tutorial series, you'll learn how to connect a Unity client to a dedicated server and allow them to communicate using TCP and UDP.
During the last two weeks, I took a bit of a break from development, and then I implemented adjustable sails and made ship speed dynamic. In this devlog, I also share some of my thoughts on procrastination and staying motivated.
During the last two weeks, I reworked the wave simulation code, and I implemented a day night cycle, which made the world feel much more alive!
I've been talking about sinking ships throughout several of the previous devlogs, but the time has finally come. Over the last two weeks I worked out most of the problems…
Over the last two weeks I explored more advanced server architecture, and I experimented a bit with Unity's new Data Oriented Technology Stack (DOTS).
It's been a while since I posted the last devlog—I've been pretty busy, in large part with starting a YouTube channel. Here's the latest devlog, in video form.
In this update, I finally got around to removing the water inside the ships! Unfortunately, my computer's power supply broke shortly after that, so I wasn't able to accomplish much else.
After a lengthy break from programming, I finally discovered a way to render shadows on my water while maintaining the its shoreline effects.