In this devlog I added an inventory to my multiplayer game. After doing some major code refactoring and fixing a few issues that had been plaguing the project for a while, I finally added the second portion of the inventory system, which is a more traditional “item slots-based” system.
Although it’s working, while recording footage for this video I discovered a few desync issues when multiple players are looking in the same barrel. There’s also still a lot to clean up and polish off as far as UI input goes, not to mention that all the item icons are currently still placeholders, so there’s a lot left to do.
As always, if you’re interested in more videos like this, leave a like (it really helps out with the YouTube algorithm), and consider subscribing. Also, come check out the Discord server where you can share your progress, ask for help, and hang out with other game developers.