In this devlog I added underwater effects to my Unity game, so you can now see underwater “properly”. I was originally hoping to do that in a single day, and then add swimming mechanics and do a whole bunch of clean up during the rest of the week, but this ended up taking a lot longer than I had expected!
I’m really happy with how the water fog turned out, although I do wish I had gotten more done this week. Hopefully the video is still interesting to watch, even with a bit less progress!
As always, if you’re interested in more videos like this, leave a like (it really helps out with the YouTube algorithm), and consider subscribing. Also, come check out the Discord server where you can share your progress, ask for help, and hang out with other game developers.