In the last two weeks, I added crews, along with support for multiple ships in the world. I also fixed a whole range of issues that were plaguing ship flotation and maneuverability.
I didn't have time to get as much done as I would have liked over the last two weeks, but I did manage to tie up some loose ends. I finally sorted out the character controller and cannons are now fully functional.
Over the last two weeks, I finished integrating BepuPhysics v2, and I finally got started on cannons. I only had time for basic interaction so far, so I'll be working on firing functionality in the next progress update.
Since the last progress update, I added a cannon model, drastically decreased CPU usage, and upgraded to BepuPhysics v2, which recently came out of beta.
Although I had planned to leave flotation alone for a while, I decided to take another shot at it. Additionally, I found found and fixed some lighting issues with the low poly shader.
The last two weeks have been filled with learning about shaders. I wanted to write a low poly shader that doesn't rely on geometry shaders, and I came extraordinarily close to giving up.
Despite severely overcomplicating stuff (more than once), I managed to make a lot of progress since the last update in this series, mainly to do with ship mechanics.
Over the past two weeks, I started making a ship model. I'm tired of using cubes to represent my ships when testing, so I decided it was time to get the real thing going.
In the last two weeks, I most notably got flotation working (after a bit of a struggle), despite having another power outage and getting quite sick.