This devlog contains less progress than usual, mainly because I took a break from development during the first week. Staying motivated and productive can be hard, and procrastination is often a real problem for me. In this video, I share some of my thoughts on staying focused and not giving up.
Progress-wise, I made sails adjustable, and then I made the ship’s speed depend on the wind direction, sail length, and sail angle. Currently, sailing directly into the wind is impossible, much like it is in real life, but I’m not sure if I’ll keep it that way. It’s pretty inconvenient, and this is a game, meaning it’s supposed to be fun, but we’ll see.
As always, if you’re interested in more videos like this, leave a like (it really helps out with the YouTube algorithm), and consider subscribing. Also, come check out the Discord server where you can share your progress, ask for help, and hang out with other game developers.